Ebola Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in ebola. Ebola (Ebola hemorrhagic fever), is a severe, often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. Ebola is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus. There are five identified Ebolavirus species, four of which have caused disease in humans. Ebola is found in several African countries. The first Ebola species was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Since then, outbreaks have appeared sporadically in Africa. When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread to others through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or body fluids of an infected person. Currently there are no specific vaccines or medicines that have been proven to be effective against Ebola.
The objectives of Ebola Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for ebola and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to ebola.
- Where could Ebola spread?
Wed, 23 May 2018 17:00 GMT
- NIH begins testing Ebola treatment in early-stage trial
Wed, 23 May 2018 18:46 GMT
- Superstition stopping Ebola victims from seeking medical care
Tue, 22 May 2018 17:44 GMT
- Experimental Ebola Vaccinations, Considered 'Paradigm Shift,' Begin In Congo
Mon, 21 May 2018 19:54 GMT
- Researchers create new modeling framework that takes a zoonotic perspective on Ebola
Wed, 23 May 2018 04:51 GMT
- DR Congo fights to curb Ebola outbreak with vaccinations
Wed, 23 May 2018 12:18 GMT
- 2 patients who fled Ebola ward among the dead in Congo
Wed, 23 May 2018 16:08 GMT
- You Won't Believe Where the Feds Allow Ebola Experiments on Primates
Wed, 23 May 2018 20:25 GMT
- Morning Break: The DNA Talk; Ebola Containment Teetering; Va. Medicaid Expansion?
Wed, 23 May 2018 13:02 GMT
- Happening Today: Michael Cohen, Volcano, Ebola, Philip Roth, 'The Voice'
Wed, 23 May 2018 10:33 GMT
- Could we predict the next Ebola outbreak by tracking the migratory patterns of bats?
Tue, 22 May 2018 14:52 GMT
- Ebola response on 'knife's edge' as timing key, WHO says
Wed, 23 May 2018 14:28 GMT
- Congo says 3 new Ebola cases confirmed in large city
Sat, 19 May 2018 11:17 GMT
- Senate committee advances pandemics bill as Ebola threat rises
Wed, 23 May 2018 15:30 GMT
- The Ebola outbreak explained
Wed, 23 May 2018 03:01 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Ebola update (30): news, research, non-governmental organization, vaccines
Ebola -- Worldwide/Unknown