Ebola Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in ebola. Ebola (Ebola hemorrhagic fever), is a severe, often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. Ebola is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus. There are five identified Ebolavirus species, four of which have caused disease in humans. Ebola is found in several African countries. The first Ebola species was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Since then, outbreaks have appeared sporadically in Africa. When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread to others through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or body fluids of an infected person. Currently there are no specific vaccines or medicines that have been proven to be effective against Ebola.
The objectives of Ebola Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for ebola and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to ebola.
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Beni attack halts outreach work
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:41 GMT
- Ebola Hotspots In Congo Threaten Outbreak Response Progress, WHO Warns; More Than 150 Children Orphaned ...
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:08 GMT
- Congo reports Ebola death close to busy Ugandan border
Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:52 GMT
- Uganda to deploy Ebola vaccine if virus spreads from Congo
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:02 GMT
- Rebel attack kills 18 in DR Congo, quashes efforts to contain Ebola Outbreak
Sun, 23 Sep 2018 14:54 GMT
- Ebola deaths in eastern Congo hit 100
Sun, 23 Sep 2018 22:10 GMT
- Ebola detected near Uganda border, Health Ministry says 'No Ebola in Uganda'
Sun, 23 Sep 2018 18:18 GMT
- Congo: death toll of Ebola reaches 100
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:25 GMT
- Rumors, conflict challenge Ebola response in eastern Congo
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:39 GMT
- Weekly update on Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Preparedness for South Sudan Update #4 (24 September 2018)
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:01 GMT
- Rumors, Misunderstandings, Conflict Hinder Ebola Response In Congo, But Officials Say Progress Being Made
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:32 GMT
- Conflict in Congo hampers Ebola response personnel
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:41 GMT
- Liberia: 250 Liberia Ebola Orphans Get Christ Embassy Support
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:57 GMT
- Children are among the first victims of a new Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tue, 18 Sep 2018 21:59 GMT
- Mwalimu upbeat on Ebola spread control measures
Sun, 23 Sep 2018 08:45 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Ebola update (95): Congo DR (NK, IT) case update, Uganda
Sun, 23 Sep 2018 10:57:01 -0400
Ebola -- DR Congo
The World Health Organization (WHO) said Fri [21 Sep 2018] that the latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) remains active, with the cities of Beni and Butembo becoming the new hotspots.
Substantial progress has been made to limit the spread of the disease to new areas, and the situation at Mabalako Health Zone in Mangina, North Kivu province, is stabilizing, WHO said in a statement.
In the meantime, response teams continue to enhance activities to mitigate