Ebola Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in ebola. Ebola (Ebola hemorrhagic fever), is a severe, often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. Ebola is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus. There are five identified Ebolavirus species, four of which have caused disease in humans. Ebola is found in several African countries. The first Ebola species was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Since then, outbreaks have appeared sporadically in Africa. When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread to others through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or body fluids of an infected person. Currently there are no specific vaccines or medicines that have been proven to be effective against Ebola.
The objectives of Ebola Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for ebola and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to ebola.
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Response - Experiences and Lessons From Sierra Leone - AllAfrica.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 18:31 GMT
- The WHO failed on Ebola. With a future pandemic inevitable it needs reform - The Guardian
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:44 GMT
- Spanish Ebola nurse loses cash claim after pet is killed - Daily Mail
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:23 GMT
- Mystery Disease Kills eight in Liberia, Government Rules out Ebola Return - Newsweek
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:51 GMT
- Liberia: Sinoe Deaths 'Not Ebola' - AllAfrica.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:30 GMT
- Liberia says cause of mystery deaths unknown but Ebola ruled out - africanews
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:13 GMT
- After Ebola, Unknown Disease Kills Citizens In Liberia - Nigerian Bulletin
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:02 GMT
- ALM Records Identifies With Ebola Orphans - Liberian Daily Observer
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 02:49 GMT
- Ebola Scare Strikes Panic in Liberia and Sierra Leone! - Sierra Express Media
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 03:16 GMT
- EEOC Sues Massage Co. For Firing Worker Over Ebola Fears - Law360 (subscription)
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 01:01 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Undiagnosed disease - Liberia (02): (SI) fatal
Undiagnosed -- Liberia
The Liberian Ministry of Health and Social Welfare has disclosed that the number of deaths in the Sinoe County unknown disease has increased to 10.
Speaking on a local radio station in Monrovia, the Chief Medical Officer of Liberia, Dr Francis Ketteh said 8 persons who are isolated [in hospital] are currently undergoing thorough medical check.
Dr Kateh speaking further said this unknown disease is not related to the deadly Ebola virus that took thousands of lives in the